XS: The Extreme Soldiers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
XS: The Extreme Soldiers Forum

The Extreme Soldiers Forum

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Welcome To The Forum!
Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 am by LocoChaz006

» GameBattles
Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:31 am by LocoChaz006

» Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:30 am by LocoChaz006

» Uncharted 2
Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:29 am by LocoChaz006

» MAG
Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:24 am by LocoChaz006

» New Account
Organise ! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 am by KaRtEiRo

» Montage Thread
Organise ! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:47 pm by KaRtEiRo

» Member Profiles
Organise ! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:44 pm by KaRtEiRo

» XS: The Daily Party Thread
Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:06 am by LocoChaz006

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Organise !

Go down 
+4
JoshCCFC
Trickzta
LocoChaz006
Darkeracy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkeracy

Darkeracy

Number of posts : 3
Gamertag : Lots Of It ;D
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:18 pm

Just an idea but i think we should do team practices, little team battles within the clan. And we figure out each others styels and adapt our own to suit.. and maybe try and work in pairs, i think at the moment we are just running around like headless chickens and thats why we seem to lose a lot xD
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Number of posts : 153
Gamertag : LocoChaz006, AgentOfAnarchy

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:28 pm

Darkeracy wrote:
Just an idea but i think we should do team practices, little team battles within the clan. And we figure out each others styels and adapt our own to suit.. and maybe try and work in pairs, i think at the moment we are just running around like headless chickens and thats why we seem to lose a lot xD
So true! Although we actually win 70-80% of the time, there is room for improvement. Team practices and team building games should take place.
Mics help with communication as well. If you hear me on the mic, I'm always telling people where enemies are, where there are claymores, etc It's not just for slagging matches with the other teams!

I do see potential, which is why the clan has grown to the size it is now. When we sort out a few chinks in the armour, then I reckon we'd be ready for gamebattles!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/locochaz987
Trickzta

Trickzta

Number of posts : 75
Gamertag : Trickzta

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 pm

Today was one of those days where we ran around like headless chickens. Wink
I'm up for practices anytime I'm on, if I'm invited I'll join a party or game, no matter the situation.
Having tactical classes would be awesome, so instead of being complete defense with a team of snipers, or all offense with MP5s, we could have a little of all worlds, depending on the map, and whether we are defensive or offensive. Great idea Darkeracy!
Back to top Go down
JoshCCFC

JoshCCFC

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Yesterday was a bad chicken, not to mention the fact that I was using a shotgun and i just cant get involved much and have to be sly and sneaky, but we maybe need to sort out things like, who is an sniper and whos assault after all snipers are very useful. can you maybe organise some training for tonight or something?
Back to top Go down
Raynor_NFFC

Raynor_NFFC

Number of posts : 21
Gamertag : Raynor_NFFC
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:48 pm

we need to get some tactics sorted......

for example when we are playing HQ we should let TWO men capture it (don't let someone try and take it on their own it takes too long) while the rest of the people prevent anyone getting close. especially to stop random grenades.

also we need to remember that the best tactic when playing domination is to just capture two flags and let them have the other one. i'm sure you'll back me up on that one Loco (partly to do with fact thats its your tactic) lol!
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:21 am

Raynor, it's not MY tactic, it's THE tactic! When you have two flags, you are receiving the majority of the points AND you know where they're coming from. Think of it from the other perspective: when you get 'dominated', how easy is it to win at least one flag back? Quite easy, as you spawn pretty much on one of their points. It also hepls the game go on longer, so you can get more kills, therefore more XP. You only take 3 points if you need to shut them out to get back in the game, or as I like to do, give them the point which is easy to pin them with air support i.e. A in Broadcast. If your team is really good and purely out for kills, you can take one point and defend B(without capturing it) and your flag. This drags the game on the longest possible time, and then you can take B at will, to win the match. The safe approach: Take 2 flags and defend them.

Regarding HQ, that should be the way it's played. No more than 3 taking a HQ at any time. Everyone else on the outside defending. It worked wonders in TT when 2 would go in and the 1(mainly me) would run and gun to keep them away. Another thing with HQ: although 250-0 looks impressive, there is still a lot of time to burn. Judge how many points the other team actually needs to overtake you. If it's a lot, you can play like it's a TDM for a few minutes. Pros: you can keep them off the HQ, as THEy need it, you don't. More kills therefore more XP and bigger match bonus. Cons: if you go too far away, they can spawn closer to the HQ than you, or spawn in a position that they can flank you. Like I said, only do that, when it'ss like 3 mins to goand your team has taken pretty much all the points for near abouts the maximum time.
Back to top Go down
KaRtEiRo

KaRtEiRo

Number of posts : 52
Gamertag : KaRtEiRo
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:55 am

yeah. we should do those "practises". we all need to improve on something. i agree!!
Back to top Go down
Quagers13

Quagers13

Number of posts : 64
Gamertag : quagers13
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:21 am

If there's ever six of us on we could do 3V3 just practising and on HQ you should have have a sniper apart from creek or possible overgrown but you should always go for the objective and not for the kills otherwise your team will lose
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Raynor_NFFC

Raynor_NFFC

Number of posts : 21
Gamertag : Raynor_NFFC
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:57 pm

has anyone got any good ideas for tactics when playing S&D?

to be honest though whenever i have played with the clan we always seen to alright when playing that.
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:08 am

S&D is a mixed bag. For most maps, I go and try cut them off at their travel routes. I usually like to roam on my own because I'm a UAV Jammer. If you run and gun, cut them off at their routes and be smart with your grenades and unsilenced weapons. If you defend(camp if your that way inclined!) make sure you have a good view of the bomb as well as any routes to it(so you're not flanked or knifed in the back). When people have mics, I can know where they are, and when my mic is on, I tell people whether it's safe to plant. I've been wrong only once(Darkeracy might remember that on Showdown!) regarding times like that. S&D is slower paced than any other game mode in most games, so you can take your time in a round if you need to.
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:11 am

I see this frequently: People get magnetised by the HQ. In reality, all it needs is ONE to capture. Only 1 or two people should be capturing, everyone else should be defending, but close. What this does is keep anyone who dies from spawning at the other side of the map. It also means waves of people don't get grenaded out of the HQ. Only when we desperately need the HQ, more than 2 would suffice. In TT 3 people crowding into the HQ is a HUGE faux pas, as would 6 in a HQ be. Yeah you might take it, but a grenade will be flying in as you are trying to escape and will normally take out at least half of the people inside(as they're normally cooked to perfection). One grenade can clear a HQ. I'm sure everyone here has done that before. For all the people that might like having a post in which they can shoot from, make sure you're close enough to the HQ, to keep us from having to sprint a marathon to get back there!

Another thing: people like winning 250-0, or 250-80, or somethign similar. You can drag a game on safely if you're dominating every aspect of it. You can defend a HQ without capturing it, if you're score/kills conscious. Analyse the score, to find out how much the opponents actually need to get back in the game. Don't get me wrong, 250-0 is a great win, but when we all get like 20-30 kills before the score limit is reached, when we could possible get double that with a win of like 240-35.
Back to top Go down
swamps

Number of posts : 20
Gamertag : psn: swamps
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:08 am

LocoChaz006 wrote:
I see this frequently: People get magnetised by the HQ. In reality, all it needs is ONE to capture. Only 1 or two people should be capturing, everyone else should be defending, but close. What this does is keep anyone who dies from spawning at the other side of the map. It also means waves of people don't get grenaded out of the HQ. Only when we desperately need the HQ, more than 2 would suffice. In TT 3 people crowding into the HQ is a HUGE faux pas, as would 6 in a HQ be. Yeah you might take it, but a grenade will be flying in as you are trying to escape and will normally take out at least half of the people inside(as they're normally cooked to perfection). One grenade can clear a HQ. I'm sure everyone here has done that before. For all the people that might like having a post in which they can shoot from, make sure you're close enough to the HQ, to keep us from having to sprint a marathon to get back there!

Another thing: people like winning 250-0, or 250-80, or somethign similar. You can drag a game on safely if you're dominating every aspect of it. You can defend a HQ without capturing it, if you're score/kills conscious. Analyse the score, to find out how much the opponents actually need to get back in the game. Don't get me wrong, 250-0 is a great win, but when we all get like 20-30 kills before the score limit is reached, when we could possible get double that with a win of like 240-35.

yep id have to agree with how you put it above..we did well in the games we played last night before my connection and ps3 went tits up..we defended the hq well once we captured and did well stopping them capture the hq and the last game of hq was testament to that on shipment more so the fact that we got the hq twice even though it was tough getting the first hq but we got points on the board and never looked back and they didn't have any which is normally rare and it normally turns out like a kill fest and a draw on shipment cause most of the time i've played it nobody really plays to win on that map in hq's they just go for kills and i wasn't aiming to get a high kill count just to try and capture it but i was surprised at the end to get a high kill count but it was helped by the 3 choppers in a row i had towards the end...
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:06 am

Shipment in HQ is too random for my liking. I got shot in the back by someone who spawns behind me too many times! Spawning into grenades is also pretty frequent! I had like 3 air strikes, with either 1 or no choppers. In domination, you can control where they spawn, but in HQ they pop out from all over the place!
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:13 am

Swamps, Keanu and I dominated a HQ in TT and won 245-25. We had about 6min+ to spare, and I had to yell at Keanu to not capture the HQ. We each got so much more kils i.e. more points defending the HQ as opposed to the capturer getting 15 points for the capture, and the team getting 5 points. From now on, that's what we should do. In GB, score doesn't matter, unless we wanna frustrate them. In GB, a win is a win. In ranking games, kills and a score improve and(to whom it applies) you get more XP.
Back to top Go down
swamps

Number of posts : 20
Gamertag : psn: swamps
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:44 am

LocoChaz006 wrote:
Swamps, Keanu and I dominated a HQ in TT and won 245-25. We had about 6min+ to spare, and I had to yell at Keanu to not capture the HQ. We each got so much more kils i.e. more points defending the HQ as opposed to the capturer getting 15 points for the capture, and the team getting 5 points. From now on, that's what we should do. In GB, score doesn't matter, unless we wanna frustrate them. In GB, a win is a win. In ranking games, kills and a score improve and(to whom it applies) you get more XP.

we rocked it yesterday even though the connection was playing up the op team kept changing aswell with people leaving which is a good sign i think it just shows how good we played that it annoys people to the point they know they can't compete so they move on to a different game that they will do well in
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:41 am

Still there are poeple who don't understand how to play games like Domination and HQ. While the more experienced players know how to play and get loads of kills, there are guys who don't get the concept sometimes. Yesterday, I told somebody not to take C as we had B and A, but he did it as he was there so he might as well. While you have all 3 points and are 'Dominating' that's not always the case, as they spawn all over the map. to really dominate, to pin them at one flag and frustrate them with constant streams of air support. Example: EdWin245 hates not hosting game lobbies, as people quite out the game when they're getting their *rses handed to them. That also leads to longer games = more kills = bigger score/more XP.

HQ is another one. When you are beating a team 240-0 with 5+mins to go, what gives you more points: 15+to the primary capturer, then 5 to everyone else and the team score, then the next 5. Game Over. Everybody gets at least 10 points. Or the other option: defend the HQ without capturing. In 5+ mins, everybody is capable of getting over 10 kills. 10 kills = 50 points. Kill them when you/they are in the HQ you get more points. You also get XP for whatever air support you call in. Makes more sense, eh?
Back to top Go down
Quagers13

Quagers13

Number of posts : 64
Gamertag : quagers13
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:57 am

yer it happened to me when i was playin with ya in a TT we had both flags and the other guy kept running 4 the other 1 and managed 2 capture it then we lost 2
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Trickzta

Trickzta

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Was it me you told not to take C? Well your way IS the best way possible if your playing an equally or more skilled team. But in open matches or against a weaker team, you can dominate better. Heres my reasoning:

Lets take the Ambush match I captured the third flag in for example. (Which was really pissing me off how I'd shoot a stationary sniper 3 times and all bullets go through him, and then when I decide to give up, he shoots me)
If you can succesfully capture A and B flags, your doing great, and you should stick back and defend them. BUT, if your defending with ease, and ONE person alone could take the third flag, that would take, say, 3 guys off for half a minute to capture C and kill the person who took it. I wanted to go alone that match, seeing as I could easily pop up and pick them off while capturing C. So that just eases all the fire being brought to flags A and B.

I don't know, I just thought if you could sacrifice one member for three of theirs, why not?
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:00 am

You'd think that, Trickzta, but the flags not only control who gets points, they also determine spawn points. Take anyone in the top, lets say, 1000 in kills, score and wins leaderboards. You take the third point when they don't need it, they'll probably shout at you. Why? It's harder to control the enemy spawn when 3 flags are held by one team, the game goes quicker so they get less kills, people spawn all over the place and then spawn at their flags, taking them with ease, and shooting them in the back. I take the third point only when we need to shut them out to win, or if I'm trying to flip the spawn, so we can pin them down with air strikes easier.
Back to top Go down
Trickzta

Trickzta

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Well SORRRRY! I don't think as Tactical as you... Crying or Very sad But yeah, I see your point now.

Thats good information, I thought that in all game modes, spawns were decided on your teamates positions, now I know otherwise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LocoChaz006
Admin
LocoChaz006

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:15 am

Trickzta wrote:
Well SORRRRY! I don't think as Tactical as you... Crying or Very sad But yeah, I see your point now.

Thats good information, I thought that in all game modes, spawns were decided on your teamates positions, now I know otherwise. Very Happy
Spawns in most game modes are usually determined on how much enemy activity there is in that vicinity, as well as teammates positions. In domination you spawn as near to your flag area/away from enemy activity as possible. Notice that even when you have 2 points, they manage to go round the back of you and take the A/C? That's because they spawn away from their flag if you get too deep into their spawn zone. HQ has the most random spawning in the game, especially when people aren't close to the objective.

It's not necessarily 'tactical', playing domination that way makes it easier to actually dominate, as you get the majority of the points AND pin them in their spawn. If you're on the losing end of a good domination team, it's the most frustrating thing ever, as you can't leave your spawn and there's constant air support raining on you. If you're lucky enough to get a 5+ kill streak, you'll probably end the game with it still standing by, as most people nowadays have no bother calling in air strikes etc. You take all 3 points, you'll be spending a good amount of time trying to find a big enough group of people to put it on. That I can guarantee, as I've done that on plenty occasions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Organise ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Organise !   Organise ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Organise !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XS: The Extreme Soldiers Forum :: Gameplay :: Call Of Duty 4-
Jump to: